PRESS CONFERENCE

Posted by coltsindianapolis on March 7, 2012 – 8:33 am

The Indianapolis Colts will hold a press conference today, March 7, at noon at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center. Colts Owner & CEO Jim Irsay and quarterback Peyton Manning will both be available.

21 Responses to “PRESS CONFERENCE”

1. By Carla Waters on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

I am so sad he is going to consider leaving due to not getting a huge bonus, he did not play last year and still got payed that would be his bonus and he is mean for wanting to leave because he does not get what he wants.
    He is a great player, but there are alot of homeless not even getting to eat and they could be famous too if someone showed God’s Love through bringing the homeless off of the cold streets, this is just CRAZY, I looked at Peyton as a better man than to be so GREEDY!!! Pleae reconsider, Peyton, and stay with us!!!!!!!

2. By Jacobo Moch on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

I think this is not a Manning´s decision, He put this team on the map, before him Colts were not a big team. I´m going to miss Manning a lot, but I still think the last call was from Irsay! He thinks that the team needs a refresh, maybe he is right, we will see, but I can´t believe the way in which they gave the back to the player that made them big. Please stay Peyton!

3. By Brett on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

hes not leaving because of not getting the bonus! hes leaving because he dont have a choice! Irsay wouldnt let him stay even if he took less money because irsay is a jerk that dont know how to run a football team

4. By Ann Thomas on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Lots could be said about this…Irsay is stupid for letting Peyton go and not paying him, or Peyton is greedy and should be a team player, or the future is uncertain for Peyton so smart move, or doesn’t loyalty fall somewhere, or it’s time to look to the future…etc…what I do know is that I don’t know everything. I don’t know the specifics. I don’t know what Irsay tried to do to keep Peyton, and I don’t know how hard Peyton tried to stay with the Colts. I don’t know. So, as a Colts fan, I will respect that I don’t know and continue to support my team. As a fan of Peyton who is thankful for everything he has done for Indy, I say THANK YOU, you will be missed, and you will always be royalty in Indy. You sir are welcome anytime. All doors will remain open to you in my book. The last decade+ with you has been awesome! I hate to see you go, but wish you the very best of luck.
    And fans, let’s not forget that he when he is in free agency he isn’t off limits to us, it’s just a matter of if he’d still be willing to talk with us…food for thought…
    ❤ #18

5. By Done and Gone on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

My feelings today are the same as when Tony George ruined the month of May. I am through supporting the Colts and only wish I felt my disappointment would hurt Jim Irsay in the wallet.

6. By Kyle on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

What I find most upsetting about this whole ordeal is the lack of rational thought and poor grammar displayed by the first three posters in this thread. I just hope that once Peyton is gone the national media doesn’t come to town with a camera and microphone to get the local reaction..

I are sad! I’s gonna crieee! I’m dun with football, go IU baskitball!

7. By Sal on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

C’mon people, being a colt fan living in Wisconsin i can tell you the fans reacted the exact same way when the Packers let go of Favre..Look how that turned out, Rodgers is pretty good?? Support the kid coming in, he is going to need it like we supported Peyton when he got here..I wish Peyton the best and will be cheering for him to raise the Lombardi trophy again…Thanks for everything Peyton…Go Horse!!

8. By Former Fan on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

I grew up in Indiana, and I was a Colts fan when they were the running joke (Colts = Count on Losing This Sunday). For 14 years I have actually been proud to admit I was a Colts fan, and I haven’t been mocked for it. Today, I am clearing the family closets of all Colts attire. I am finished. Not that Jim Irsay cares about one little fan, but I hope he loses a lot more than that. I am disgusted with his lack of loyalty to the man who has always been a team player, humble, and who put this team on the map. Good Luck with Luck, I hope he is the next Leaf.

9. By Tom on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

I live in the Baltimore metro area and a current STH. Irsay is just like his old man,lying to the fans(“it’s not about the money…”; “Peyton can stay…”) while plotting his next move. Have fun counting your millions Jimmy!!!!

10. By Eric on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Crazy, every team has to replace their qb at some point, even Brett Favre and Joe Montana got replaced, seems like it worked out well. Bash the move now and write off the Colts don’t come back when Luck is lighting it up in 5 years!! Clean out the closets for good and don’t come back when they rise again! You think Peyton was going to be a Colt for the rest of your life? Fricken football, part of the game, get over it…Go Horse!! Thanks again Peyton for everything, greatest of all time!!

11. By i guess on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

They should have kept manning for 3 more years then spent the next 15 years trying to replace him like the Bills and Kelly, Dolphins and Marino, Broncos and Elway??? C’mon people, even the Steelers didn’t have a replacement for Bradshaw until Big Ben came along…Football, gotta think about the next 10-15 years..if the team could have at least won 4-5 games this year it would be a non-issue, they didn’t so now it is! Thanks Peyton for the memories, we love ya! For the fans that leave please don’t come back, we don’t need you!

12. By Ann Thomas on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Couldn’t agree more Eric. Come on guys! Football players can’t play forever! Have you stopped to think that maybe, just maybe Peyton wants to move on? That maybe he values his health and his back enough to know that our Offensive Line can’t protect him like he needs? THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE IN THIS DECISION! Not just Irsay, Peyton has a say as well. Come on guys, use your head!! I am so THANKFUL for what Peyton did for us. For helping make us a respected, powerhouse of a team. You are awesome and I wish you the best, but a Colts fan I remain. I hope you get one more Lombardi trophy, but I am excited to see what Luck can do. I was hopeful that you could tutor him and he could learn from you, but we don’t get everything we want do we?
    Let’s go Colts!

13. By Scott on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

I have always been a Colts fan and that will never change. This is a business and employees will come and go. Yes, Peyton built the legend of this team and the new stadium, but like all greats, there comes a time when it comes to an end. I don’t blame Jim Irsay, I don’t blame Peyton Manning. This team had a year that almost required paper bags on fans heads. I have a feeling that if we would have won the last game, this wouldn’t even be a conversation. The fans asked the team to “suck for luck”. They didn’t want to lose the 1st overall pick. Now, we have it and now it’s time to move on. Bleed Blue or GTFO and buy a new #18 jersey.

14. By Sarah on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Please don’t go!!!!!
    If you are retiring, we will just use you as a coach!!
    You always said you wanted to retire in BLUE!!!

15. By Bill Hall on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Please dont go Peyton,just retire and be a Colt forever

16. By Coleen on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Old man Sianis was seen sitting on the curb outside the Luc this morning, thumbing thru his notebook… and with him, his goat wearing a #18 banner. The curse of Irsay’s stupidity will live long in this city. So sad, but I’m done, didn’t renew my season tickets… breaks my heart, but this is no longer the organization that I loved and respected for it’s integrity and character.

17. By BobE on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Heresay Irsay has done it again. His dad dumped no more Baltimore, and Jim is dumping the fans of the Colts. Peyton was the reason the city of Indianapolis has been in the spotlight for the last decade. Oh sure he had some talent to rely on, (i.e Marvin, Reggie, Dallas, Freeney, Mathis, Saturday ect.) But the general of this team was Peyton. PM should always be a Colt. QB, QB coach, Offensive Co-coordinator, HEAD COACH, TEAM OWNER! But, time moves on, and wherever Peyton ends up, I wish him the best of LUCK. Thanks for the memories Peyton. Thanks for all the good things you have done for “Indy”. Get your head together JIM, we need another Super bowl, and we’d like to be in it!

18. By Krissy on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

The right thing to do would have been letting Peyton coach this kid comin in……We need his skills!

19. By kent on Mar 7, 2012 | Reply

Sundays will never be the same. It is a very sad day for Colts fans who have enjoyed watching our elite quarterback and his team mates turn the Indianapolis Colts into a team that was fun and exciting to watch and who have enjoyed tremendous success since Peyton came to town. And they did it with professionalism and style. No embarresments or scandals, at least since our drunk kicker left anyway! All the hype about Luck could be just that. I’ve seen several other first round drafts who turned out to be real turds in the NFL. I certainly don’t expect we’ll see another Peyton Manning come along. Thanks for everything Peyton and best to you in your future. Just don’t go to the NYJ’s!!

20. By mandy on Mar 10, 2012 | Reply

No longer a Colts Fan. Bring Manning back!

21. By detroitlionsnfl on May 18, 2012 | Reply