On Now
Coming Up
  • Fri., Apr. 25, 2014 11:00AM - 12:30PM EDT Colts In Motion - Plainfield Elementary Schools Walkathon

Colts In Motion is a 42-foot-long travelling museum full of interactive Colts history and memorabilia. It is free of charge and sure to take your event to the next level. There is no better way to show your Colts pride than to feature Colts In Motion at your next event.

• Sat., Apr. 26, 2014 10:00AM EDT Colts In Motion - Indy Mutt Strut

• Sun., Apr. 27, 2014 10:00AM - 5:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - WTHR Health & Fitness Expo

• Wed., Apr. 30, 2014 7:00PM - 8:30PM EDT Colts In Motion - Lakeview Ironman Tailgate Party

• Sat., May. 03, 2014 2:00PM - 4:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Orchard in Bloom

• Sun., May. 04, 2014 1:00PM - 3:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Indiana Deaf School PTCO Day

• Fri., May. 09, 2014 6:00PM - 9:00PM EDT Official Draft Party On Friday, May 9, fans can attend the team’s Official Drafty Day Party, sponsored in part by Bud Light and 1070 The Fan, to catch coverage of the draft at Colts Grille from 6-9 p.m.
  • Sat., May. 10, 2014 10:00AM - 2:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Chase 500 Festival Kids' Day

• Tue., May. 13, 2014 6:30PM - 8:30PM EDT Colts In Motion - Messiah Lutheran Bible Study

• Mon., May. 26, 2014 10:00AM - 12:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Stayin' Alive Family Fun Day

SHORT ARMS NOT GOING TO STOP SYRACUSE’S PUGH

Posted by Kevin Bowen on March 11, 2013 – 11:00 am

Justin Pugh chuckles when he hears what his biggest weakness heading to the next level.
Shorts arms?

“Well it’s actually crazy,” the former Syracuse offensive tackle said of his ‘flaw.’

“I played three years never knowing I had short arms. It didn’t really hurt me then. I didn’t know I had short arms until I got to the Senior Bowl.”

Pugh played left tackle for the Orange but it’s the short arms that have scouts thinking he might have to move inside in the NFL.

Although Pugh might not agree with that assessment, he knows his versatility is looked at as a strength and is open to playing all over the line.

“I think I can play every position on the offensive line,” Pugh said. “I haven’t snapped, but I think with my football IQ I know I’d be good with the calls. It’d be just getting the snaps down, which is something that with coaching should come easy.”

In Pugh’s final season as a three-year starter for the Orange, the Syracuse offense that set a school record for total offense.

The pro system that Pugh played in under now Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone is something that he thinks will benefit him in making the adjustment to the NFL.

“We did a lot of zone blocking and stuff. We also did power scheme my freshman and sophomore seasons, so I’m accustomed to both styles of offense,” Pugh said.

“So it’s something that’s good for me, and being at the Senior Bowl I got more exposure to the inside zone and playing guard, so I was able to show my versatility.”

For Pugh, making the switch across the offensive line comes with getting his muscle memory down to whatever his position he lines up at.

One scout that isn’t too concerned with Pugh’s short arms is NFL Network Analyst Mike Mayock.

“He came in with short arms at the Senior Bowl, and everybody immediately wanted to move him to guard and I kind of go “no way,” Mayock said. “He looked like a late first round tackle to me, and I’m not going to move off that until he proves to me he can’t play.”

Tags: ,

One Response to “SHORT ARMS NOT GOING TO STOP SYRACUSE’S PUGH”

1. By Ilene on Feb 7, 2014 | Reply

magnificent post, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite
    specialists of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing.
    I am confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!