A positional look at the Colts 53-man roster

Posted by Kevin Bowen on August 31, 2013 – 5:19 pm

Here is a look at the roster breakdown of the Colts 53-man roster:

Quarterbacks (2): Matt Hasselbeck, Andrew Luck

Running Backs (4): Vick Ballard, Ahmad Bradshaw, Donald Brown, Kerwynn Williams

Fullbacks (1): Stanley Havili,

Wide Receivers (5): Darrius Heyward-Bey, T.Y. Hilton, David Reed, Reggie Wayne, Griff Whalen

Tight Ends (3): Dwayne Allen, Justice Cunningham, Coby Fleener

Offensive Line (9): Anthony Castonzo, Gosder Cherilus, Khaled Holmes, Jeff Linkenbach, Mike McGlynn, Joe Reitz, Samson Satele, Donald Thomas, Hugh Thornton

Defensive Line (7): Josh Chapman, Ricky Jean Francois, Aubrayo Franklin, Montori Hughes, Ricadro Mathews, Fili Moala, Cory Redding

Linebackers (9): Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, Jerrell Freeman, Mario Harvey, Robert Mathis, Caesar Rayford, Kelvin Sheppard, Erik Walden, Bjoern Werner

Cornerbacks (5): Darius Butler, Vontae Davis, Josh Gordy, Greg Toler, Cassius Vaughn

Safeties (5): Antoine Bethea, Sergio Brown, Delano Howell, LaRon Landry, Joe Lefeged

Specialists (3): Pat McAfee, Matt Overton, Adam Vinatieri

9 Responses to “A positional look at the Colts 53-man roster”

1. By Jiles McCloud on Aug 31, 2013 | Reply

The Colts Personnel have put together a really really really good football team. The sky is truly the limit.
    Let’s go get this division!

2. By John L on Aug 31, 2013 | Reply

Someone please tell me why they kept Delano Howell and cut Larry Asante?? Asante had a stronger preseason. I also don’t understand why they kept Josh Gordy, I thought Marshay Green looked much better. I think they should have cut Moala, he has done nothing since he was drafted, he’s a bum.

3. By Joe B. on Aug 31, 2013 | Reply

Based on what I saw, I would have kept Green over Gordy and Nevis over Moala. Really glad to see Rayford and Harvey make the roster though! Great looking team overall, GO COLTS!

4. By toy on Aug 31, 2013 | Reply

really upset about nevis, big strong run stopper but im sure they know what they are dong. go colts.

5. By Diane on Aug 31, 2013 | Reply

Really wish we could have kept Larry Asante. He seemed to fly around the field, thought he had good potentialšŸ˜¦

6. By John L on Aug 31, 2013 | Reply

Agreed, I would have kept Asante and cut Howell instead, Howell had a good preseason, but I thought Asante looked better and you can’t really keep both. I’m also disappointed that they cut Nevis instead of Moala, I dont know who made that decision, Moala has done nothing since the Polian regime drafted him, plus he can’t stay healthy. I also would have kept Marshay Green and cut Josh Gordy who looked terrible!

7. By Frank T on Sep 1, 2013 | Reply

Cut Drake Navis ??????
    Come on !!!!

8. By Dean Trout on Sep 2, 2013 | Reply

RG1 earned and deserved his awards for last year, so this year he earns and deserves not to get them.(cutting Nevis, Guy and Ijilana) especially Nevis, gonna be a lot of crow eating… Still an outstanding team, gonna be fun to watch…

1. 1 Trackback(s)