Why Do You Love Football?

Posted by coltsindianapolis on October 22, 2013 – 12:52 pm

Why do you love football? Share your story and you could win tickets to Super Bowl XLVIII. Plus, your story could be featured in a special NFL Films production!

TWMF-CP

Tags:

13 Responses to “Why Do You Love Football?”

1. By Timmie on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

I love sports cause it is a escape. No matter what is going on in are neighborhood’s, city’s, states, country’s or the world for a few moment’s in time. Nothing else matters. Just your team mates. Just your goal. Just the Ball!!! That is why I love sports!!

2. By Tony Campo on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

It has always been a Sunday tradition in my family growing up! Mom would make football food like chili, pot roast, pulled pork, something…. Dad and us kids would sprawl out in the living room, watch whichever countdown show was on at the time, and then right into games! My younger brother and I would be swapping football cards back and forth, trading like fantasy players. Sometimes if the weather permitted, we would get the neighborhood kids together and play a game in the afternoon and Dad was always “full time quarterback.” we would just run around in the yard against each other and he would teach us timing patterns, foot work, etc. It’s in our blood!!

3. By jarrettdavis on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

Football is a selfless game in a primarily selfish world. It creates comradere trust and cohesiveness. Your teammates , nearby fans, and supporters become like family. It brings people,generations, and era(s) together. Football stirs enthusiasm in the hardest of hearts and gives everyone an element of hope.

4. By Dan Bryant on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

I have always played football from the time I was young, always playing somewhere in the neighborhood with family and friends. Always watching with my father and rooting for whoever he was routing against, so many memories. Middle school and high school football taught me many things that are life related from teamwork to self confidence. So many friends created from football.

5. By Carlos Vasquez on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

I love Football because it is as American as Apple Pie. Because it was I loved to play and it is what my son loves to play. Football is therapy. Football is the one time you can let your aggression out… run head on like a freight train to get that 1st down to get a Touchdown… Football allows you to knock someone down on their butt… come back hold your hand out and give them a hand getting back up. Pat them on the shoulder and tell them good work.

Football is hard work… dedication… determination and a way of life.

6. By Jason Hall on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

I love football because I was born a football player. It’s in my blood. I was a natural player. I mastered all positions and won 4 championships at the highschool and semi pro level Message to Jim Irsay, Griff Whalen is a stud. He can replace Reggie. I was at training camp all summer. V davis, Toller, Vaugn, Butler, none of them can cover him. He knows the offense and he has the second best pair of hands on the tean behind Reggie. It’s time you see what I see, the next Wes Welker.

7. By chplanet on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

I love football because, like most sports, it’s a bond between generations of fathers and sons (and daughters for me!). It’s a sign the seasons are changing and the holidays are right around the corner. It’s the memories of knowing where you were when a specific moment happened. I know where I was whether it was the Immaculate Reception, Doug Flutie’s Hail Mary, Patriots winning their first Super Bowl over the Rams, or Payton Manning’s return to Indy. For 5 months a year, it is life!

8. By Dalton on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

I was born in Indianapolis and have been a Colts fan since that day in 1994, my dad has had season tickets since I can remember so I grew up watching Peyton shape the Colts dynasty in the RCA Dome and I watched how football changed my home city. Indianapolis changed for the better because of football. Lucas oil stadium was built and the super bowl came to town and every amazing thing Indianapolis does, the Hoosier hospitality, was broadcasted internationally and it made me proud to be from Indianapolis. Then this past Sunday I was able to go to an emotional Broncos Colts game and watch from fifty yards away, my man Robert Mathis take down my once biggest childhood hero and role model. Flashbacks of standing on Rose Hulman campus, two feet away watching Peyton sign my football after a Colts training camp session right before the start of that amazing 2006 super bowl winning season. That delight I once had, replaced with the delight of seeing Peyton fall to the ground for a safety and the delight of enjoying what it means to “Believe in blue” as i watched my Colts do what no one saw coming : beat the undefeated Broncos. That is why I love football. The emotional ties, the community representation, that family relationship you experience watching your team every game. That is football.

9. By Muhammed Arif on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

What I love more than football is it’s ability to bring us together. The rich and poor, the strong and weak, the young and old, when we cheer for our team, we win and lose as one. Regardless of personal views and feelings, we share one idea. At this moment in time, social status, political views or controversial i”relationships do not exist. Only thing that does exist is our desire to seek the “W”. After all no matter how good or bad a team is, it’s still any given Sunday. #COLTS

10. By thomas cormier on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

As a kid with a big family we had no tv and i remember are neighboor every weekend bringing his black and white tv over to are house so my famile could watch the game with him im very thankful for football it always gave me something to look forward to in a worls there was no kind people in my eyes

11. By Kenneth on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

Football is a teacher. Millions of kids grow up like I did, playing and loving football. Playing with heart, for the love of the game, with nothing on their minds but the next play, their teammates, their responsibilities, their pride. Football gave me the will and the skills I needed to finish school, to care about my fellow man, to build a business, and 10 years later, despite the many rough times, to -never give up-. And now I get to teach my children the same things. Football teaches life lessons that can’t be learned anywhere else. It binds families, lifts communities, and gives hope where you never thought there was. Sometimes football is all you have. Sometimes, Football is everything.

12. By Tanner Wilcox on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply

I love football because there is no other sport like it. I play football at aurora university. I’m not the fastest, strongest, or biggest guy out there. One thing I do know I have the biggest love for the game out there and no one could ever take that away from me. I’ve shared this love for the game with my dad ever since I could talk. This is the best sport and the best thing that could ever happen to me in my life. It made my life easier and my family bigger and that’s why I love football!!!

13. By Tanner Wilcox on Oct 23, 2013 | Reply