On Now
Coming Up
  • Fri., Apr. 25, 2014 11:00AM - 12:30PM EDT Colts In Motion - Plainfield Elementary Schools Walkathon

Colts In Motion is a 42-foot-long travelling museum full of interactive Colts history and memorabilia. It is free of charge and sure to take your event to the next level. There is no better way to show your Colts pride than to feature Colts In Motion at your next event.

• Sat., Apr. 26, 2014 10:00AM EDT Colts In Motion - Indy Mutt Strut

• Sun., Apr. 27, 2014 10:00AM - 5:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - WTHR Health & Fitness Expo

• Wed., Apr. 30, 2014 7:00PM - 8:30PM EDT Colts In Motion - Lakeview Ironman Tailgate Party

• Sat., May. 03, 2014 2:00PM - 4:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Orchard in Bloom

• Sun., May. 04, 2014 1:00PM - 3:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Indiana Deaf School PTCO Day

• Fri., May. 09, 2014 6:00PM - 9:00PM EDT Official Draft Party On Friday, May 9, fans can attend the team’s Official Drafty Day Party, sponsored in part by Bud Light and 1070 The Fan, to catch coverage of the draft at Colts Grille from 6-9 p.m.
  • Sat., May. 10, 2014 10:00AM - 2:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Chase 500 Festival Kids' Day

• Tue., May. 13, 2014 6:30PM - 8:30PM EDT Colts In Motion - Messiah Lutheran Bible Study

• Mon., May. 26, 2014 10:00AM - 12:00PM EDT Colts In Motion - Stayin' Alive Family Fun Day

Posted by Kevin Bowen on December 6, 2013 – 9:55 am

On Tuesday, it was once again the Reggie Wayne Show with Queary and Schultz.

The one-hour show aired on WNDE here are some of the highlights from No. 87:

On former rugby star Daniel Adongo being elevated to the Colts active roster:

“He didn’t even know what a football looked like. He’s worked at it. He’s put in a bunch of time, a bunch of hidden hours that a lot of people don’t know about and he’s moved his way up. I’m happy for him.”

“When he was on the scout team and he was giving us looks on the practice squad, I would catch a 15-yard pass and I would start running…I’m at a decent pace and I turn around and Adongo is chasing me. That was him every day. That was part of his conditioning. He would run, run. I think he would get on some of the offensive linemen’s nerves a little bit because he was going a little bit too hard. When you got a guy like that, he’s just showing what he can do. He should go hard. He’s come a long ways. I’m happy for him and I hope he goes out there and create a little noise.”

On 18-year veteran Adam Vinatieri:

“He’s Mr. Automatic. He loves the opportunity. He loves the pressure. We’ve witnessed what he can do in pressure situations but at the same time he will come to you with conversations, “Can we score some touchdowns?” That is his mentality. He loves kicking field goals but he would rather kick an extra point. He’s Mr. Clutch. I’ve been saying it for the longest time, “I’d put my money on him any time.”

“Great locker room guy. Great guy to talk to. Loves to hunt. He’s a big-time hunter, a big-time fisher. He’s not your normal kicker.”

On Trent Richardson and if he’s spoken to Trent:

“Control what you can control. That’s basically it. You don’t have time to go in the tank and pout. He has not done that. He’s been Donald’s (Brown) biggest cheerleader. Whenever you get your opportunity, you go out there and make the best of it. If anything, make it as motivation. Go out there and do better, practice harder, study longer.”

On what he’s seen from rookie WR-Da’Rick Rogers

“He’s got all the talent in the world. He’s another guy that’s been waiting on his number to be called and it’s been called and he was able to go in there and try to make something happen. We will probably see more and more of that from this time out.”

On Wayne’s new “role”:

“From what I’m hearing, I’m a coach. I’m just trying to be a leader. I’m just trying to give them my insight. Guys come up to me and ask me what I see so I try my best to try and simplify for them what I see, especially for the receivers. Just do what I can to help guys out. I do a lot of stuff in the meeting rooms, I run a lot of film study with the receivers. I just try to do whatever I can, rehabbing and in between watch film and try to help them watch film better.”

On Wayne’s rehab:

“I’m still at that first phase kind of, which I believe I’m well beyond that stage and I’m ready for this next phase to kick in. But I got to get clearance to do that. It’s just quad strength, making sure that quad is getting that muscle back the way it should be. Make sure I get the strength that I had before or pretty close to it before I move to that next phase. It’s a lot of balance work, making sure that I get my full extension. You see a lot of guys that when they walk, their leg is kind of bent. I really don’t want that so I’m really stressing the fact that I get my full extension back. I’m kind of doing that stuff over and over again. It’s like a broken record.”

“It’s very boring. As much as I want to go in there and do something else, I don’t want to set myself back so I just do what the doctors tell me to do and just try to do it the best that I possibly can. I try to do it so well to the point where they see me and they’re like, ‘Alright, no more of this. You are mastering it. You are killing it.’ Somewhere by the end of this week I should be in the next phase.”

Tags: , , , ,

2 Responses to “Reggie Wayne talks his rehab, Daniel Adongo, Trent Richardson and much more on his weekly radio show”

1. By Ray on Dec 6, 2013 | Reply

I’m really excited about Daniel getting the chance to play this Sunday. I hopehe’s able to start fast and set the tone for good things to come. Being bench is going to make Trent more focus, slow the game down and be ready when his number is call, Love Donald Brown ever since he came out of College.. hugh numbers he put up in college and he’s still running down hill. Lastly the King of receivers… I believe this injury might be seen as a blessing… It’s allowing reggie to work with the young guys more as a coach, helps Riggie to see things that he might not seen before from that prospective not meaning he haven’t seen everything just different and he’s going to come back recharge ready to go.. plus who know he might become a Head coach some day if he wants it.. Reggie is the type of guy who will give you 110% all day long. He’s a beast. Go colts, let do this.

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Dec 6, 2013: Reggie Wayne talks his rehab, Daniel Adongo, Trent Richardson and much more on his weekly radio show