We normally post the “Eye on the Prize” mid-week but since the Colts have clinched the AFC South, we now look big picture.
The Colts have guaranteed themselves at least one home playoff game in 2013 and can earn anywhere from a 1-4 seed in the AFC.
Right now in the AFC, the Colts (8-5) have clinched the AFC South.
Denver (11-2) has also clinched a playoff berth.
Here’s a look at the five teams in the AFC that are at least three games above .500:
1. Denver (11-2, 7-2 in the AFC): Can clinch the AFC West with a win and Kansas City loss this weekend.
-Remaining Schedule: San Diego, @Houston, @Oakland
2. New England (10-3), 7-2 in the AFC): Can clinch the AFC East with a win.
-Remaining Schedule: @Miami, @Baltimore, Buffalo
3. Cincinnati (9-4, 7-3 in the AFC): Can clinch the AFC North with a win and a Baltimore loss.
-Remaining Schedule: @Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Baltimore
4. Indianapolis (8-5, 6-3 in the AFC): Have won the AFC South.
-Remaining Schedule: Houston, @Kansas City, Jacksonville
5. Kansas City (10-3, 6-3 in the AFC): Can clinch a playoff spot with a win, or Miami loss, or Baltimore loss.
-Remaining Schedule: @Oakland, Indianapolis, @San Diego
Posted in Colts Blog | 1 Comment »