Thanks to a 23-7 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, the Colts have kept hopes alive for a potential bye.
The Colts (10-5) will need to beat Jacksonville (4-11) at Lucas Oil Stadium next week and get a little help from the Bengals and Patriots to have that happen.
Right now the Colts still sit in the 4th spot of the AFC Playoffs.
If New England loses either today to Baltimore or against Buffalo next week, then the Colts will jump them in the AFC Playoff Picture.
If Cincinnati loses next week to Baltimore, then the Colts will jump them.
The Colts will finish anywhere from the 2-4 spot in the AFC.
Here’s a look at the current AFC Playoff Picture (as of 5:07 p.m. EST on Sunday):
1. Denver (11-4, 8-3 in the AFC): Has clinched the AFC West.
-Remaining Schedule: @Raiders
2. New England (10-4, 7-3 in the AFC): Can clinch a playoff spot with a Bengals loss. Can clinch the AFC East with a win or a Miami loss.
-Remaining Schedule: @Ravens, Bills
3. Cincinnati (10-5, 8-4 in the AFC): Has clinched a playoff spot. Can clinch the AFC North with a win and a Baltimore loss.
-Remaining Schedule: Ravens
4. Indianapolis (10-5, 8-3 in the AFC): Has won the AFC South.
-Remaining Schedule: Jaguars
5. Kansas City (11-4, 7-4 in the AFC): Has clinched a playoff spot.
-Remaining Schedule: @Chargers
6. Baltimore (8-6, 6-4 in the AFC): Can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Miami loss and a Chargers loss.
-Remaining Schedule: Patriots, @Bengals
Posted in Colts Blog, Colts Casey B, Colts Cheerleading, COLTS DAILY HEADLINES, Colts Photography, Colts.com Web Updates, Events and Promotions, Fan Feature, My Indiana Football, Voice of the Fans | Comments Off on What does Sunday’s win mean for the Colts and the playoffs?